Friday, April 13, 2012

A Great Moment

D. enjoys his bathtime so much.  He's always enjoyed his bathtime but early on he didn't enjoy water on his head but he got over that and from that point on, it's been a source of excitement of him.  Then he started slumping down in the tub, wait here's a picture of it:


One minute he's leaning back and the next he's slumped down and oh so proud of himself as you can see from the pic.  He seems to really enjoy doing this when V. is giving him his bath.  Now he's moved on to crazy splashing boy where all the water is displaced from his tub to the counter, carpet, and mirror via his arms and legs flailing at the same time.  He takes such joy in this, it's hard to begrudge him.

For the past week, I've been thinking that it would be fun to get in the bathtub with him.  This morning was the first morning we didn't have something to do and someplace to go so into the bathtub we went.  And it was wonderful.  He was trying to figure out where we were and how it was that I was in the bath with him but judging by his grin, he was very happy about it.  I took a couple toys from I.'s bathtub and we had such a good time.  He was splashing around, saying "Ba ba ba".  We will be definitely doing this again.

As a first time mother, I never thought of doing this with I.  When she was older, I thought of it when we were on vacation and it was a big treat.  I think when it gets warmer in the summer, the two kids and I will be climbing in a bathtub and having us a fun but not so relaxing bath.

No comments: