Saturday, January 8, 2011

Great Day

Yesterday, I. and I ended up having a great day together. We got ready. got in the car and then I let I. choose between the Zoo and the Wild Animal Park. She chose the Wild Animal Park and off we went. It was cold and most kids were in school so we had the place pretty much to ourselves until mid-afternoon when we were leaving.

First, we hit the carousel.


After a relaxing lunch next to the bird lagoon at 11:30, thanks to I.'s never ending appetite, we walked over to feed the lorikeets before hitting a bird show that we hadn't seen before.

Then we walked down to the bottom of the Park to board the tram into the "Heart of Africa". Do you know we've never been on it because I didn't realize until yesterday when I asked that it is included for free with our membership? It was fun to have another new thing to experience together.

We had to hit the petting zoo on our way out - always a highlight of our trip.


And as we walked out, we saw the rhino statue. I. said, "Can I take a picture on it?" So here is the resulting picture.

During bathtime, we both said how much fun we had together today and I got a big kiss on the lips too. I am really going to miss these weekdays of ours when she starts kindergarten. It makes me want to cry.



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a fun day! i love the pictures. Isn't it interesting how some of the best memories are about the experience together, not about how much money is spent or elaborate plans. I'm glad it was a special day!