Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Musings

A glimpse into my small mind this morning:

How many times yesterday at my appointment was I asked if I was taking prenatal vitamins?
4 times...do I look like an uneducated redneck with missing teeth?

My theory on leftovers is this: if you are the one doing the meal planning, the shopping, and the cooking, you LOVE leftovers. You can cook one meal and then draw a straight line across at least 3 days worth of dinners and be done with it. If you are just the one showing up and eating it, leftovers are something to be dreaded and avoided at all costs.

When I'm in the kitchen cleaning up with the water and the dishwasher on and I. is in the living room talking to me, is it wrong to just let her continue talking thinking that I can hear her? This judgement call is usually in direct proportion to what level my mental and emotional reserves are at.

I was relieved to see that after pigging out over the holidays, being on vacation another 5 days, and not getting nearly the amount of exercise I normally get, I only put on 1 pound since 12/23.

These days I vacillate between starving and uncomfortably full. There doesn't seem to be any in between. I know it's all about small meals often but when your day is fragmented into 2 hour blocks of different places, it's hard to accomplish.

Today I'm going to the gym for the first time since right after Christmas. I'm hoping for a better workout than last time since I was so low on energy, I felt like I was schlepping around in between machines ready to sit down and not get up again and it really pissed me off. I need to prepare myself for the fact that it's going to be crowded with all the New Year's resolution people.

I want to go to the gym because I am already dreading after this baby comes and I'm effectively "banned" from the gym for 6 months due to the minimum age in the Kids' Club. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't haul a month old baby in just so I could go to the gym, I'm not that bad (really, I'm not). It's just that my body really needs alot of strength training in order to stay strong and healthy. Walks with the baby will not get me back in shape - I did that last time and it didn't do it. Good thing I have the radical exercise DVDs that I was planning on using before I found out about this latest development. I will have to break those bad boys out as soon as the doctor says it's okay.

Well, enough talking about the gym, now it's time to get ready and get going.

No comments: