Friday, January 21, 2011

Dog Sitting Expedition

Well, I didn't get another phone call from my parents so I am assuming that they are heading out this morning for their Vegas trip. Now let's just hope they don't get lost. Don't laugh - these two drove through the entire state of Arizona looking for Phoenix and didn't realize they were lost until they hit the New Mexico state line. So, now you get why I'm a little concerned. As long as I don't get a cell phone call from them sometime in the afternoon, things should be okay.

Around here, I got alot done last night so that there wouldn't be too much left this morning. Unfortunately I do need to clean up the litter room, my least favorite task but aside from that, we just need to get ready and go. We're going to stop off at a bundt cake place on the way to Carlsbad to pick up some little cakes for V.'s birthday celebration tomorrow and then drop off our stuff at my parents' house. The plan is to get I.'s trike and head to the sea wall for lunch and a ride/walk along the beach. In my single days when I lived in North County, I used to go down to that sea wall all the time - for exercise, fresh air, or just to think. Now I'll be going back with my daughter.

Hopefully the dog and all her high-maintenance routines, especially around bedtime, don't drive me nuts. It's only for a couple of days, right?

No comments: