Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tickling D.'s Funny Bone

V. always says I have a strange funny bone and it appears that I have passed it onto my  kids.  I. has a weird sense of humor that V. is shocked by but I seem to understand so she must have gotten it from me.  And it appears that D. has it too.

After our swimming class which is always memorable due to D. smiling the entire time, we came home and ate lunch.  While I finished my salad, D. was playing on the patio outside getting some fresh air but it was a little warm.  I came out for a little while and hung out with him but then he indicated that he wanted to go inside.  We still had a little time to play so I suggested playing with cars but he didn't seem to into it until I came up with something new.  This age is so exciting because Everything is new.  His brain is just starting to grasp imaginary play but hasn't gotten to the point where he can dream it up.  However, he obviously can understand the humor of it.

I grabbed Ernie and Bert and threw them into the back of a dump truck whereupon I slammed the dump truck into the wall knocking both of them out.  Simultaneously I yelled, "Owwwieee, my head my head."   Then I looked at D. standing next to me and what did he do?  His face spread out into a huge grin and he began gut laughing.  It was such a beautiful sound.  I did it a couple of more times and then he took over, tipping them over and slamming them around but looking to me for the "pain" side effects.  I may be a girl, but I know how to play like a boy.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Special moments with your little boy! So fun to see him develop his own little personality huh? Definitely influenced by his mommy I must add.