Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Family Weekend

Three days all together as a family...I don't think we've had that since our Idyllwild vacation in December.  So this long weekend was a big deal.  However, going into this weekend I was struggling with anger towards my sister (big surprise) which was causing major emotional down-ness.  Of course I tried to solve it initially with going over all the good stuff in my life, things I was looking forward to, etc. which my mind understood but my heart just couldn't get behind.  But with a little help from my friends (cue the song), being able to wake up without an alarm clock and getting some extra sleep, I recovered and was able to enjoy the weekend.  It probably helped a little that I sent an email to my sister on Saturday night and was able to get all of that out of my head.

We ate our traditional Saturday afternoon linner at a new Mexican place in Del Mar which was a nice, fun change.  It led to lots of laughter and crazy behavior even from V.  Sunday afternoon we took the kiddos to the park and V. got to see D. running up and down the hill that he loves so much and going down the slide by himself for the first time.  It was cool that V. got to see one of his firsts since he has missed so many.  On Monday, we went to an indoor bounce playground.  D. had a rough start and was throwing himself around on the ground with tantrums but finally, he pulled it together and had a good time.  I. had a good time too and got some good exercise in the process too.

It was good to see V. watch the kids and experience all their energy and lately all of D.'s outbursts.  I think he got an inkling as to why I've been pretty wiped out mentally and emotionally the last month.  Getting a chance to step back also gave me an opportunity to see someone else (V.) struggling to handle the same things I handle on a daily basis yet on by myself and give myself some slack. 

Started out on a rough note but ended up on a good one.

No comments: