Monday, May 13, 2013

Sometimes Enough is Enough

Ever since I received that voice mail from my sister I have thought about sending her an email, setting the record straight and what she needs to do while she's sitting in jail.  I held back, figuring it would do no good, maybe it was even mean to send her an email while she's in jail.  I am a nice person and wouldn't feel good about doing something that could be construed as kicking someone while they are down even if that someone was my sister.

However, all that changed yesterday while I was at my parents' house for Mother's Day.  Coincidentally, yesterday marked 2 years to the day since I last subjected myself to my sister and when I had decided that I would not endure any more.  She had sent my dad a birthday card and my mother a card for Mother's Day.  I was surprised until my mother told me to read the cards and then I realized why she had sent them.  Not for the normal reason of wanting to acknowledge someone else but simply as a vehicle to harass and attack in her "I'm better than you" way.  I swear, her and Jodi Arias would be best friends because they think the same way.  My father's card was just obnoxious and insincere but my mother's card began with a snotty tirade about their request that she sign the release form to allow them to verify with the jail that she indeed is getting all the help that she purports to be getting.  I should back up for a second and mention that my mom was telling me last week about a 45 minute phone call she had with my sister who spun up some really amazing claims and stories of vicitimization and talked about how much help she was getting etc.  I pointed out to my mom that none of what she was saying added up and that I thought it was all BS and she was manipulating them once again because they said they wouldn't help when she got out unless she got help while she was in jail.  I told my mom to have my dad email her and ask her to sign the release so that they could verify the facts and that if she refused, they basically had their answer of whether or not she was telling the truth.

So back to my mom's card and my sister's snotty tirade which ended with telling my mom it was none of her business.  That set me off and I told my mom that my sister just earned herself an email from me.  It took me awhile to write it.  I didn't want to be cruel but I did want her to know that I know she's full of it and that I would be working hard to make sure my parents knew she was full of it.  It was kind of a declaration of war on my part - there is no longer anything under a polite surface.  She will know exactly where I stand and that I am actively working to debunk her.  It won't make a difference but today, I feel better and mentally lighter.  It felt good to stand up to a bad person, to let that sort of a person know that I'm onto them and it's game on baby!  It will be interesting to see if she writes me a letter back (to my parents' house, I certainly wouldn't give her MY address).  Have to stay tuned for that.

Here's what I wrote:

We all want you to get help while you’re in jail.  If you were diabetic, you’d be under a doctor’s care and receiving medication.  The only difference is that your brain needs the medication.
You told our parents that you were getting mental help in jail.  I called there and verified that you hadn’t received any mental attention or therapy.  I told M&D to ask you to sign the release so that they could verify and know that what you say is true.  If you refused to sign it, then they would know that you were lying and just continuing to manipulate them.  Big surprise, you refused.
You told Momma it wasn’t any of her business whether you are getting help or not?  So maybe it’s not any of their business to pay for all your prepaid phone cards, your groceries, your rented rooms, your health insurance etc.?  Perhaps you should rethink your snotty comments and sign the release.
And just for the record, my kids are with me 24/7 except for when they visit M&D for a few days throughout the year.  There is no room to “plant your feet in” as you put it.  None of us have a room in M&D’s house any more, we’re all adults.  It is only their house from now on.

No comments: