Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sweet Day

One of those nothing really spectacular but still a great day with D. kind of days.  Took I. to school, put D. down for what appears to be his one and only nap of the day and got some house projects done. 

When D. got up, we did a little remedial shopping at Vons, dropped a Goodwill donation off, and then went to the library to hang out, get some books, and D. went up and down (times about 25) the stairs in the kids' section. It was cold and windy outside so this was my attempt at getting him some exercise without exposing him to God knows what at the indoor playgrounds. 

After that we went home, had lunch, and played together after he played by himself for awhile.  Ah, second time moms know so much more....

V. was home right after the kids' dinnertime and watching D.'s reaction to hearing the garage door opening was really something. While I was getting D. ready for afternoon rest time, I told him that V. would be home for bathtime and told him in terms that he would understand.  He was visibly excited and then when the garage door opened, he ran to me with his arms up for "pick me up".  After we went down to the garage and V. got out of the car, D. shrieked "Dadda" and then laid his smiling face against my chest and patted my back with his other hand. 

So sweet.

I have deciphered what D.'s 2nd word is or in this case a phrase.  First word Dadda of course, and after several days of hearing a similar pattern and cadence of words, I figured out he was saying "What's that?"  When I repeated it back to him, he got excited and said it again so I figured I'm right.  It's amazing to see his understanding of words - slowly but surely he and we are getting there.

No comments: