Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Where Has The Month Gone?

Tomorrow is the last day of January and I swear we just got back home from our Idyllwild vacation.  How is it that time goes by so fast?  I don't know if it's a function of my age or the fact that I have two young children.  Regardless, I try to cherish each of the small, good moments and try to forget all those trying moments.

D. has been sick so the weaning process came to a halt, not unhappily.  We are down to the morning and evening feeding.  Now that we are less than 30 days away from the Puerto Rico outing, I feel the pressure.  Maybe on Monday I'll substitute the sippy cup of milk and hope for the best.  Part of me thinks I should try it out on a non-school day for I. so that if he cries a little at bedtime, it doesn't disturb her sleep.  However, my mother instinct tells me that I should start it on a day where it is predominately just he and I, that we have time by ourselves to play, read books, and snuggle during the day to lessen the impact at bedtime.  So that's what I'm going with.  To be honest, I don't know if I would really be pursuing weaning if it wasn't for this trip.  If it wasn't a all expenses paid, reward for my husband's hard work, I think I'd forego adults' only trips for as long as it took until he was bored and ready to wean.  I know when the morning arrives for us to leave for the airport to head to Puerto Rico and our house is empty of kids, I'll be really excited because it has been awhile...since March 2011.  It's just that the road getting there is fraught with emotional pain for both D. and I.

Speaking of emotional pain, V.'s grandmother died on Sunday and he is back in New York to attend the service tomorrow.  It's a sad time even though she was 98.  There is no age that is good to die.  I am monitoring V. from afar and he seems to be doing okay.  I look forward to him coming home Saturday afternoon and being welcomed by two excited kids and a happy wife.

No comments: