Friday, December 7, 2012

Snuggle Day

I'm not sure what was going on today but D. was on high stranger alert today and additionally wanted snuggle time.  I have to say that there were no complaints from me.  Any day that includes extra loving, snuggle, and feeling safe time is a great day for me.

Having my baby boy run to me with his outstretched arms and then rest his head against my chest to snuggle when I picked him up was wonderful.  I'm teaching him how to hug, one step up from "giving love" which is more of a head butt, and now he's learning how to blow kisses, mostly to I. when she's walking into class but sometimes when we're driving in the car too.  He's really an affectionate child and I love it.

While we were snuggling, I told D. that Dada would be home later to rub a dub dub with D. and D. could kick kick kick with Dada.  The kids haven't seen V. since Sunday.  After I said this, D. quietly said, "Dada, yeah."  It was so sweet and made my heart melt.  The rest of his waking hours, he was shrieking or saying "Dada" and when V. arrived, D. was so excited, kicking and shrieking like crazy.  I know it made V. feel happy.




No comments: