Thursday, September 27, 2012

One of Those Great Days

D. and I headed to the zoo today when he got up from nap.  Even though we were only able to stay for a short time (1.5 hours) before afternoon nap, we had the best time.  I would have never imagined having so much fun in so short a time.  It wasn't that we did SO much, it was what we did that made it special.  Today we saw bears, giraffes, elephants, zebras, monkeys and a few other animals that he had never seen before.  Then I fed him some lunch, put his socks on and let him walk around.  He still refuses to walk in shoes, thus the socks to provide some protection to his tootsies.

What made it special was sharing that moment of him seeing animals he's never seen before.  And then while we were looking at the elephants, he tipped his head over into mine (his version of a kiss) and then turned his face towards mine so that we were lip to lip.  I was kissing him and he was babbling quietly in this happy way and then he put his hands gently on my face and we just stayed like this for a little while.  Another instance of the more time he and I get to spend one on one, the more affectionate he is with me.  Such a wonderful benefit!

It's a moment I won't forget but just in case it begins to dim, I have it captured here to help me remember.  Such a moment in time!


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Precious,precious moments to share! Tuck them in your heart to treasure forever!
Cheryl