Monday, September 17, 2012

Attracting Attention

First, I should follow up on my last post and say that I. did indeed have a fine day after all.  On the way home, I asked her what she learned from this morning that would help her avoid another morning like today's.  She took a long time to answer and as I was beginning to lose hope, she said, "To start cleaning up earlier and to not get so many things out in the morning."  I was thrilled but didn't want to erupt in verbal celebration so I gave her the thumbs up and said, "Sounds good!"  Fingers crossed on this front.

D. and I went to the grocery store to gear up for my in law's visit.  It was a lot of grocery shopping, preparing for lunches and dinners including a dinner with my parents.  Lots of cooking is going to be happening. Anyways, D. and I were there for over an hour and during that time, we were stopped and talked to no less than 10 times thanks to D.'s winning smile and big blue eyes (I saw this because this is what people would say).  He grinned and played shy, hiding against me and then peering around me at the person.  We just had the best of times weaving our way up and down the aisles, D. shrieking here and there and babbling with me babbling in reply.  Half the time, he enjoyed holding a bag with a special roll for I.; the other half occupied him trying to tear a plastic bag in half.  He is just such a pure joy.

I love making him laugh and seem to have the knack for it.  He may not say Mama yet, but he thinks I'm funny and to me, that's better.  When I change a poopie diaper, I sing, "Poopies poopies everywhere, poopies poopies in your hair!" with a lot of emphasis and faces included.  He laughs until he gets the hiccups.  In the bath, I hold the washcloth up and then pretend I "sneeze" the washcloth onto his head.  Another winning Momma move.  I could go on.  And I know I'm getting closer to hearing that super special word "momma" because when I say Momma, he'll pat me or lay his head against my chest and my heart just melts.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

All signs of encouragement that every momma needs! Thanks for the follow up post! Busy days ahead, I know, but hope there are many joy moments with grandparents.