Saturday, June 4, 2011

Making Memories

Yesterday turned out exactly as I had hoped for - a day of I. and I hand in hand exploring Sea World. I was enjoying all of it, even the fact that she and I could shortcut down the stairs instead of locating an elevator due to a stroller. The simplicity of it all because soon I'll be back in the land of logistics and equipment. Nap schedules, car seats, diapers and the such. I think I'm beginning to see why many people choose to have their kids closer together in age. That way you don't experience the light at the end of the tunnel and then have to go back to the complications of having a baby again. That was just not to be in our family plus we like to do things the hard way it seems. We are very consistent in this fact and in a way it defines us. It's V. and I.'s private joke so at least we get some bonding out of it.

Anyways, just to relish the day a little more. We walked hand and hand, had lunch together, watched the Shamu show with her little hand resting on my leg and her head nestled under my arm, and shared a big kiss at the end of the day. Then we went home, I got her in bed, and collapsed on the couch with a pounding headache. If you're not willing to pay the price, you shouldn't be in the game. The game of motherhood that is.

This morning V. and I. are going to preschool for their Father's Day breakfast of sorts. I. has been looking forward to it for at least 2 weeks and is really excited. I think I'm going to use the time to get a couple of smallish projects done around the house. Those smallish ones that get pushed to the end of the list but nag at you visually on a daily basis. Those projects that I'm just too tired at the end of the day to contemplate starting. If I get really ambitious, I may just wash my hair first and then do the projects while it's drying. Keep in mind, the breakfast is only one hour long so I probably only have a total of one and a half hours to myself. Maybe I'm being too ambitious. Me, too ambitious? Nah....

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

That sounds like a beautiful day and well worth the tiredness at the end. Enjoy each stage your kids are at. I was looking at some old photos this afternoon of my kids from years back. I love those memories!