Thursday, April 21, 2011

Being the Reason for a Good Mood

This morning I. is in a great mood, a happy, easy-peasy mood. I'm so thankful for this mood because she is happily having a camping picnic with her animals in living room, complete with a whole story line. She's being imaginative, cute, funny, and is having a great time. I asked her why she is in such a great mood today (I know I could have jinxed it by asking but I was too curious) and she says, "Because you're going to be at school with me all day."

Awww, isn't that nice? Today is the Easter party at her school and I volunteered to help at her class. I like to help with her class, especially on holiday events, and I know she LOVES me to be in her class. I know my days are numbered for when she will want me in class with her but now with the baby coming, it'll be awhile before I'm able to do this again and who knows? By the time I am logistically able to do it, she may not want me to come to her school. I hope not. But now, she's thrilled that I am going to be there and I know when I walk in, she'll unabashedly give me a big smile and a hug and kiss and I'll file that away with the other memories of what makes my job as a momma so rewarding and worthwhile.

No comments: