Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Firsts

THEY ARE FINISHED!!!
This morning was the first morning in awhile that I didn't have to anticipate workers arriving at my house whenever they felt like, letting themselves in the house with the key in the lockbox. The first thing I did last night after they left was to go take the front door key out of the lockbox so now if someone wants to come into my house, they'll have to break in because I'll be hibernating for quite awhile. Another first last night - after I made my once a night traverse to the toilet (I'm relishing it because in a couple of months, it'll be three times a night), I didn't lie awake for an hour with racing worries and thoughts, a symptom of the chaos that has been surrounding me for the past month and a half. Now don't get me wrong - the work is not done. THEIR work is done and now mine starts. The fun part of putting everything back in the drawers, rooms, and closets begins as well as deciding what gets hung back up on the wall and where. But that's all doable and can be done in chunks of time. Not only that, it's something that I can spend an hour on and see a noticeable difference which makes a big difference in my daily life. It's all about the little things.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

WhooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!