Friday, April 15, 2011

Not Perfect But Okay

Just a quick post before we're off to do an observation at a very expensive school that I suspect would be the perfect one for I. Why does it always happen that way? But I digress... Dr. Laura had a video post from a mom who was lamenting how hard it was to be a stay at home mom when her husband had to work out of town 3 days a week. I thought to myself, "Three days a week? Wow, that would be a cake walk." Because it would be a vast improvement over what our last 6 years of family/work life have been. But the point actually wasn't a "my situation is worse than your situation" though it was tempting not to go there, just out of pure jealousy. The point was one that Dr. Laura made. That it's not just good enough to survive through it, though God knows there are moments where you do just that, but it's okay to say, "It's not perfect but it's how it is right now." Accept it and move on making the best of what the situation is. Things could be so much worse and I know that. I experience the "worser" situations in my realistic dreams and wake up thankful that it was only a dream. I see the "worser" situation in my parents' life with my dad unemployed and way too many high expenses. There are many other "worser" situations out there. My family/work situation may not be perfect but it's okay and hopefully one day it will get better. Hopefully before V. retires.

No comments: