Sunday, February 6, 2011

Content

It's nice when I. is in a good mood in the morning. It makes waking up and getting on with the day a pleasure rather than hoppung up a hill backwards on one leg. Well, I need to amend this immediately because I just jinxed it and she's having a hissy fit about something. This is what I mean by high maintenance. Everything can be going well, she's happy and then whammo, nothing really happens and she's pissy. It's like Braxton Hicks for her preteen/teenage years I guess.

This weekend the girls finally came down to visit, the first time since Christmas and V. told them about the what's it. They were really excited and I was stoked about that. It's different now than before. This time they are grown woman (almost 19) so it's a new level of excitement and interest than when they were 13. It probably helped that one of the girl's boyfriend's mother just had a baby last month and there was excitement surrounding that. I'm just happy that they are happy and the three of us were talking last night about the changes that have already occurred much to V.'s chagrin. I thought it was interesting that there was no comment from the ex. Many Saturday nights when they are here, she will speak to V. briefly but last night, nope.

I'm hoping that my sinus torture will be better today. Yesterday was much better than the day before so hopefully it'll all be over soon. My real concern is that I am prone to sinus infections so if this hangs on for too long, it would turn into one and then we'd have to deal with antibiotics and the what's it.

I'm looking forward to this evening with V. Today is Super Bowl and we have chips and salsa plus meats for bbq'ing during half time. It's fun to cook a dinner together as a team and then eat it while watching the Super Bowl together. It's the little things that add up to make the difference in marriage, at least that's my thought.

No comments: