Thursday, March 25, 2010

Part Good, Part "I Love Lucy" Kind of Day

Overall, today was a really good day. This morning, I. played happily by herself as I read some of the paper, made whole wheat pancakes for breakfast, and made some healthy soup for next week. I was wondering who this child was because she wasn't negative at all. It was like the former I. had made a guest appearance and I wanted her to stay forever.

While she was in school and since I had worked so hard yesterday, I decided that I would treat myself to a massage to kick off my birthday weekend. A local place was offering a special $45 deal so I figured, "Why not?" Here's where the "I Love Lucy" part begins. So this therapist appears who looks like she can dismember a chicken with her bare hands, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But when she starts massaging me, I'm glad I checked "Firm" instead of "Deep" because I would have bruises right now. But it was a really good massage UNTIL...

I feel this light sensation on my neck and think, "Hmm, what?" I was relaxing so I wasn't really aware until something started S-L-O-W-L-Y moving down the side of my neck and then I realized, this woman is sweating, as in dripping wet, onto me. This ruins the whole thing because now I'm anticipating the next drip and its making its way down my body. The anticipation was the worst part! So I ask her if she will have time to work on my legs because I figure there is less space to drip on than my back and she will be positioned to the side. She immediately starts working quickly and I feel bad because she probably thinks that I'm unhappy with the massage (which I was not), I just need her to stop dripping her sweat on me. The whole time I'm trying to not start giggling and planning on calling my guy friend who would enjoy this strango part of my day (since I'm the one he calls when he has a strango day).

V. got home tonight after 8 and after relaxing for a little bit, he actually told me that the girls were in trouble for not only ditching school again but forging a note from their mother. And we should pay for them to go off to an expensive 4 yr. college? Thank God we're not because they are so not ready for that. Anyhoo, that's not the point. The point is that he shared information about the girls with me without me asking the right question. Very nice!

This weekend should be good for both of us. I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

See what I mean, "quirky"? Only you would find some humor in that situation. Me--too grossed out. Anyway, victory at the end of the day with V. Hope it holds!

Cheryl said...

See what it mean--"quirky"? No one but you coud find some sense of humor in that. Me--I'd only be grossed out. Anyway, victory with V. Hope it holds!