Sunday, January 31, 2010

Anticipating A Tough Day

Tomorrow should prove to be an interesting day for many unrelated reasons. First, I'm still under the weather which always make the day that much more challenging. Second, V. should find out tomorrow if the jerks out in Saudi will finally give approval to "go live" which has to happen before he can come home. Meanwhile, his time off is slowly ticking away and his trip to China is getting closer. Extremely frustrating to say the least. Third, my mom, who has been having some serious health problems, will be getting results back from tests she had done last week and hopefully things will be okay and can be corrected.

Last but definitely not least, tomorrow Mark would have turned 40. I miss him. I wish we could have approached this milestone birthday together. We both had minor issues with birthdays and having each other there being the same age always helped. Tomorrow morning I. and I will go get some purple (his favorite color), yellow, and white flowers and take them to his gravesite. I will try to keep in mind that this is such a good opportunity to teach I. that it's sad to lose a friend but that death is not a frightening thing in and of itself. When she asked what we were doing tomorrow (as she always asks), I told her that we were going to take flowers to where Mark's body was in the ground. She said, "But Momma, Mark's in heaven!" and I agreed with her that his soul, what made him my friend, was in heaven with God but he had to leave his body here with us on earth. Then we talked about how he would be looking down from heaven and would see us bring him flowers. Her face lit up and she said, "Ooh, Momma, he's gonna like our flowers!" That innocent comment from such a sweet heart almost did me in. We'll see how well I do tomorrow - it'll be the first time I've been to his gravesite since he died so I anticipate lots of memories coming to mind.

No comments: