Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back From Vegas

V. and I got back from Vegas yesterday after 3 nights there and we had a great time! Yes, we did drink too much but I had gotten a hold of some pills called "Chasers" that are supposed to prevent hangovers by absorbing the alcohol and I have to say, those suckers worked! Neither of us had any bad symptoms as a result of our debauchery. Awesome! All the fun without paying the price; can't beat that!




Saturday, we had a romantic, funny bath, went to a yummy special dinner and then to a great show that my dad had recommended and enjoyed it a lot. Sunday was spent watching a lot of football and then had dinner and gambled a bit. Monday, we wandered around the Grand Canal shops and St. Mark's Square, which was really cool, reading menus to decide on dinner. V. needed a nap in the afternoon and I had a free pass to the spa so off I went for a few hours of relaxation (and yes, I did splurge on a massage too). It truly was decadent!




We stayed at the Venetian and it was awesome.



Our room was was amazing -remote control draperies, huge room, opulent etc.



It was good to come home and be with I. again and although she had a blast at my parents' house, she was definitely glad to be back with her momma and daddy because boy was she nice, loving, and obedient today! Tomorrow V. and I are going to pick her up at school and have an open house time with I. and her teachers. She is really excited to show us everything so that will be a fun time.

V. will be flying out on Monday morning after our 6th wedding anniversary on Sunday. All this fun that we've been having makes it harder when he leaves. In fact, today I was already getting sad. It was just such a short visit (10 days) and though I haven't asked, I think this is going to be a month long trip so that's even harder. Time to start planning fun things for I. and I to make the time pass more easily, not faster because time is passing too quickly as it is, just easier.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Soooooooooooo happy for you and V that you had such a great get away and then blessed reunion with I when you got home. Despite all the ups and downs you are a great couple and family. C