Friday, September 7, 2007

So Far So Good

Well, things aren't jinxed yet. Despite no nap and a couple of tantrums as a result this afternoon, I was able to successfully navigate the day. I did learn something new today though. I'll just set the lesson up how it went. Came home from the grocery store around 3:30 (remember no nap) and as I was racing to just put away the absolute necessities before making The Baby dinner, she signs to me that she wants to watch Blues Clues. Well, I am a stickler for TV and we watch about an hour together in the morning (Blues Clues, Signing videos) and then that is it. Unfortunately with last week's stomach virus, I had to resort to a DVD in the late afternoon so that I could get a head of steam to make it through bath and bedtime routine.

So, The Baby says she wants to watch Blues Clues. I of course say no sweetie, I'm making you food right now and she bursts into a crying tantrum. I keep moving on with dinner plans in the kitchen as she screams figuring she's pissed off at me for saying no and then here's the lesson. I look into the living room and she's stood up. When she sees me, she raises her arms up so I come around the counter, kneel down and open my arms up and she comes running into them! I was shocked! I thought she was crying because she was mad at me. And initially, she probably was. But as time marched on, she was just sad and that's where no one can do better than Momma. I need to remember that in the future because as soon as I held her and hug and kissed her, she recovered enough to sit in her chair and wait a few minutes for the rest of dinner.

I may know her better than anyone else on the planet but that doesn't mean I know her 100%! Something for me to keep in mind...

No comments: