Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Now That My Tantrum Is Over...

Wonder where The Baby gets her tantrum throwing from? Well, just check out my last post. It hit me the next day when I was driving that a tantrum is exactly what it was. I have to admit, I did feel better getting it out and I started laughing at myself whining about "It's not fair" "Waaa" You would have thought I had learned and accepted that lesson by now but I guess not. Every once in a while everyone's entitle to a tantrum I think.

So this week's been okay, not great. The Baby came down with a cold as soon as the hubby left so she's been borderline gnarly so far this week. I know she hasn't been feeling well, so I tried to be understanding and sympathetic but after the 4 meltdown in 2 hours today, I was starting to get tired of it. So, I just started acting like I was calm and patient (even though I didn't feel that way) and it got us through the rest of the day and kept things moving rather smoothly. I had forgotten that little trick I learned and used out in the career world - when I wanted to tell someone where they could put a contract but couldn't do that and had to act like I was calm and in control. See, lessons can be transferred from former to current lives and vice versa! Good lesson for the day.

Hubby is okay and should be home Friday night. The sad part is that this week has been so much less stressful work-wise for him than his normal week and he only had to travel 21 hours for it. I will keep looking for job postings for him!

This is sounding less like a post than an email to someone. I hate when that happens. Hopefully next post will be better....

No comments: