Thursday, April 4, 2013

Time Off for Good Behavior

Tomorrow V. and I will be heading up to Laguna Beach for a long weekend, a birthday getaway for me.  We postponed it until Easter vacation so I. wouldn't miss school.  For the last 10 days, V. has been out of town working, except for 3 hours he was home to take me out to dinner for my birthday.  It's been a long 10 days for V. and also for me being the only one on duty with the kids.  This week we had fun while I. was off of school - a trip to the Wild Animal Park, linner at Souplantation, crafts, puzzles, games, a bike ride at the lake, a trip to the library, and lunch at our favorite breakfast place.  It was a good time.  I have to admit though, by Tuesday (day 8 without V.) I would wake up to the alarm in the morning and think, "Only 2 more days of waking up to an alarm." and the countdown continued through today.

Here's what I am looking forward to:  no alarm; a relaxed, demand-free breakfast; not having a schedule; reading during the day without feeling guilty; not having to clean up and do, do, do; spending time with V.; goofing around; seeing a sunset; being out and about after 5pm.  I'm sure there's plenty more but that's all I'm going to list for now.

That being said, it feels weird being here in an empty house, driving home in an empty car.  Being a mom and having kids is such a major part of my life and provides so much meaning to my life.  I mean, I really do something these days, something important and perhaps that is why I am so tired by the end of the day.  I realize the importance, the responsibility of shaping these little humans and it takes my physical, mental, and emotional energy to do it the way I think it should be done. I've never been able to just do something half-ass and this certainly is no different. 

I've earned my weekend and hope that it will recharge me until my next break.

No comments: