Saturday, October 27, 2012

Trick or Treating

When your kids are asleep by 5:45pm, you don't have the traditional trick or treating experience.  Someday we will but that someday is not now.

Our major community shopping center hosts a trick or treating experience the Saturday before Halloween.  We've been going to it since I. was a toddler.  This was the first year we attended with 2 kids and it was really pretty cool.  I. was Little Bo Peep for the 4th or 5th year running and D. was her lost little lamb.  This will be the last year for I. to be Little Bo Peep as the costume will not fit next year so it was wonderful for her to be able to fit it in it one more year and have D. tied into her costume.  It was so cute and really fun to have 2 kids to be part of the same costume.




We wrapped up the afternoon with an early dinner at Pick Up Stix.  By 5:45, the kids were in bed and by 6:00, they were both asleep.

It was one of those days that I feel so fortunate to experience.  How I have been so blessed to have a girl and a boy, I'll never understand it but will remain extremely thankful for each day.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

These pictures are so precious! It reminds me of when I was Little Bo Peep when I was in first grade. But, I didn't have a super cute little brother for my sheep.