Monday, March 7, 2011

Good Place

Random thoughts flowing through my mind this morning.

One full week under my belt of not being sick, not having my back out, not having a headache every day of the week. It had been a month since I didn't have something physically hurting 24/7 that was sapping my energy, both physical and emotional. This past week I felt good with a normal energy level and almost a lower than normal appetite level. Sure my back still is killing me all night while I sleep and still slips out of place whenever I sit at the kitchen table or on our couches, but you just can't have it all, ya know?

Thankful for not having 4 guys running around our house yesterday. We all needed a day off from that chaos. Today they'll be here in the afternoon. I anticipate phone convos with the insurance claims agent today so that should be fun.

Busy day today trying to take care of things. First I.'s gymnastics class, then chiropractor, then grocery store. A short rest before hitting Home Depot to buy a new toilet for I.'s bathroom and hopefully a fast run to CVS to buy some perfume for I.'s birthday gift to her Bubbi. Whew.

Last night was 3 nights straight of V. and I sleeping in the same bed together at night. It seems like my hormones have changed into less of a perfect insomnia storm and I'm happy about that. I have to admit it was nice to have the bed to myself just from a purely uncomplicated standpoint but mentally, I worried about it during the day and didn't like it. So I'm relieved that it seems to have resolved itself. Plus some of the good early memories after I. was born and home were the nights when we would get in bed with her sleeping in the bassinet next to us. She would snort and grunt as she slept, giving us the giggles as we laid there trying to fall asleep listening to the "piggy" we brought home with us. Those were magical times of wondernment, joy, and completeness and I don't want to miss those the second time around because V. has to sleep in a separate bed.

Gotta get ready to head out for the day with my baby girl. My first baby girl, my only first. Lots of those early days have been coming back to me the last couple of days and that wash of new love comes over me.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I had back problems for YEARS. Finally ended up having surgery. Sleeping was horrible. If I was lucky enough to get any. I've found, even after my surgery, I have to have a somewhat flat pillow under my hips to help 'balance' out my body. Not sure how else to describe it but it's helped. I don't have the back pain I did before and I can sleep better. I don't know where your back problem is but if it's lower, maybe that will help. :)