Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things are going better now, not great but I can see forward movement so that's good. Most importantly, I don't feel grumpy and angry with I. for this difficult time we are going through and we are enjoying ourselves and our time together. Will she go in potties outside of the house? No, but once or twice a day she is going in the big potty at home the last couple of days which gives me hope. Is she going to the potty on her own accord? No, definitely not. Usually I'm picking her up to take her to the potty while she's objecting but she does go to the bathroom once she gets there so I know I'm on the right track (every 20 minutes).

I am hopeful though because on Sunday when the grandparents were here for a few hours, I. went to the bathroom willingly and wiped herself without a fight. Maybe when we go for the school visit in August, it will spur her on and then with a little peer pressure, we'll be all the way there.

No comments: