Saturday, November 10, 2012

Maturing

I won't do the details and pictures on I.'s birthday party today because I am sicker than a dog today and there is still tomorrow's party to have.  But I did want to do a short blog because I realized something today.  Even though I was feeling so sick, I still felt joy while decorating this morning with I.  I was tired but I was still taking pleasure in climbing up chairs and counters hanging decorations and streamers as she was envisioning.  When she was opening her presents, I still felt such happiness watching her excitement.  And even tonight after the kids are in bed and I'm feeling like crap, I feel content.

So I realized that I have matured, not just as an adult which I did awhile ago, but as a parent.  First comes infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and then parenthood.  Parenthood maturity means that no matter what... I can be tired, sick, or worse but if I see my children truly happy and excited, I get caught up in that joy and leave whatever physical ailment behind.  That progress makes me happy.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi April,
I hope you got to feeling better for the kid's party on Sunday. I'll look forward to seeing pictures when you get a chance.
Happy belated Birthday to I!