Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back Home

We've been back home since Monday, busy trying to get things taken care of while balancing this with fun.  Coming home was bittersweet.  I miss our pets so getting back to them is great.  Our weather is more pleasant so it's nice to have the windows open and get fresh air throughout the day and night.  Having our washer and dryer inside rather than the garage is definitely nice.  However, space-wise our place now feels smaller and more crowded with things.  Then there's the impending transition of D. from our/my room to I.'s room.  I have to admit that I'm not as stressed out as I was when I was pregnant and thinking about it but it's still a concern.  Especially considering V. banging the garage door open at 4am.  If both of them wake up for the day at that time, there will be many miserable days ahead.  I guess we'll just see and hope and pray...hard.

Today we went to the fair and we had a great time.  It was really just what I. and I needed after what seems like a week plus of afternoon tirades.  Each year I. gets older and I can add one more fair attraction to our visits.  When she was little, it was the animals, food, and the rides.  Then we added photography because we both enjoy that.  This year we added the hobby and craft building.  Really the only things left are the buildings where they sell things and I'm not that into that either.  Soon, the entire fair will be our oyster.  

It was one of those days when I had both kids but because D. was in the stroller or asleep in the sling on me, it still felt more like a day just with I.  Part of me is wistful about this because I know I took it for granted when it really was just I. and I.  But D. is such a joyful addition to all of our lives that I know our lives are better now even though they are still adjusting at times.

While we were in Palm Desert last week, D. was fussy here and there, grabbing at his mouth.  I told V. that I  thought I saw some swelling on his bottom gums and that I thought his teeth were about to come through.  Tonight when I fed him dinner, I thought I saw a white flash on his bottom gums.  I put my finger against his gums and yes, his two teeth had cut through sometime today because I didn't see them this morning at breakfast.  It appears, I'm hoping, that his teeth will come through as his sister's did, with just a little fussing and not much else.  I will be a very lucky momma if that happens!

No comments: