Friday, June 22, 2012

Warm Nights

We've been out here in Palm Desert since Monday but just getting around to posting thanks to a really weak Wi-Fi signal. I love being outside at twilight and posting then but my Kindle couldn't get a good enough signal and I forgot that I could post on my phone. It's not ideal but it works.

Sitting out on our patio looking at the golf course, sun setting on my left behind the mountains and to my right is another range of mountains lit up by the sun's reflection.  It's perfectly warm like a bath with a nice cooler breeze that comes up every so often, just enough to rustle through the palm trees. Every night a man with a red Shiba Inu walks by reminding me of my first dog, a red Siberian Husky. I look forward to seeing it each evening.  Some nights V comes out with me to nap or play cards or dominos but the NBA finals were on some nights this week so he wanted to watch some of those.

Typical day has been playing with I in the pool in the morning while D is napping and then bringing him out with us. It's been awesome having a private pool - being able to go in and out frpm the pool is so great with a napping and nursing baby and an always hungry kid.  The house is perfect size unfortunately it will make it difficult to go back home.  V has been playing games with I and enjoying spending time with D.  We've been enjoying early dinners together and just being together. It's sad that it's such a novelty for our family.

The only exasperating part of the vacation is that no matter how much time we spend with I playing or interacting in a fun way, there's a mid afternoon meltdown when there's not time for one more game. Then I hear that I don't play with her when I've spent hours doing so in some fashion. It really hits a hot button with me probably because it sounds like the old "no matter what I do, it's not good enough" which normally can send me over the edge.  This and V's refusal to get in the pool and play with our kids.  Yes it aggravates me but he's been playing with both of them in the house so much,  I chalk it up to one of our division of labors.

All in all a really good vacation and still two more days here to go.

No comments: