Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Night Before

So tomorrow morning, I. and I will be going to the airport to pick V. up. We haven't seen him since the 5th so we're really excited. Or rather, I am since I didn't tell I. it was going to be tomorrow because I just KNOW that she'd be up at 4am ready to go. However, we did buy a balloon to take to the airport. Why you ask? Well, we got a book at the library that I. really identified with and enjoyed about a little boy waiting for his daddy to come back from work after a really long time. It was military but I made it work. So we've been talking about getting a balloon when V. is coming home that she can hold so that he can find her. It really is kind of heart wrenching but it's good too. So tomorrow morning is going to be like a Christmas morning of sorts and we'll enjoy it.

This morning we dropped off an early birthday present to Mark. He's in quarantine right now because the chemo has ruined his immune system and any exposure to sickness could land him in the hospital. In light of the fact that he is beginning to feel hunger again, we packed him up a box of fresh fruit and some soft veggies (everything still has to pass thru the tube to come out) and wrapped it up in some festive birthday wrapping paper. The rest of his cool gifts will have to wait until he's better and we're better too (we have been/still are sick over here). Looking forward to seeing his face light up with the other presents. More about that later...

No comments: