Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where's My Damn Sick TIme?

One more rant before I head to bed....

This week I was hit with a stomach virus. No, I wasn't throwing up or anything else but the spasming in my stomach was so bad that I almost wish I was just for evacuation purposes!

As I was lying on the couch with a pillow over my face (no, not to suffocate myself but to stop the room from spinning), The Baby was ripping the living room to shreds, climbing on the table and basically doing everything she's not supposed to do because somehow she knew I was just not able to deal with it. I could deal with all this until she climbed on the couch and threw all 27 pounds on my stomach and that's when I thought,

WHERE THE HELL IS MY SICK TIME?

Yes, that's right, a flashback to my working days and had I the energy to focus on it, I would have become quite bitter. Luckily, my energy was focused on getting this 27 lb deadweight off my stomach immediately and after that, I was just in pure survival mode in making it to bedtime alive and breathing.

But I had to post my flashback to working life because when times get tough, I seem to have more of them. A stay at home mom's fantasy life I guess....

No comments: