Monday, March 12, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Driving home with the kids from I.'s dentist appointment this afternoon, I had Dr. Laura on the radio listening to her with half an ear.    I. says, "Mommy, why do more women than men call Dr. Laura?"  I began explaining to her a basic difference between men and women:  "Well sweetie, women usually like to talk about their problems and feelings while men would just rather not talk about it - they just want it fixed."  I figure this is something she's better off understanding and accepting at an early age.

She was quiet but I could practically hear the digestion occurring from the back seat.

Then she says, "Or maybe it's because women have more problems with their husbands than men do with their wives."

There you have it.  Somewhere in the world there is an unsuspecting little boy traipsing happily through his childhood, completely unaware that one day he will fall in love with I. and she will lovingly torture him for the rest of their married lives.  I hope he's getting his rest now.

No comments: