Saturday, May 30, 2009

Vacation Experience Part I

Warm breeze on my skin, lots of green trees and golfcourse before me, an adult beverage, happy children, relaxed husband, and 3 books that I'm reading all at the same time (I switch after one chapter). Could it be any better? I don't think so.

After kind of a tough week, we made it out here to Palm Desert and after a semi-rough start, I'm starting to finally unwind. Just hoping for a good night's sleep tonight since last night I probably got 3 hours and I need 9, so you do the math. But it was a good day anyways - lots of fun watching I. and her sisters in the pool while I actually read a magazine. This of course will change when they go home tomorrow evening because then I will be the PPP (primary pool playmate) until I growl at V. and he spots me for awhile. But today did give me a glimpse of days to come when I. will play by herself or with other kids in the pool while I sneak in a few magazine articles. I guess I'd better enjoy my PPP status before it gets rescinded.

I'll hopefully post more parts to this vacation experience as the week progresses...

No comments: