Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Not Settled Yet

I was hoping that this post would be more settled down and calmer than my last one.  I guess in some ways it is but in other ways, definitely not.  What is interesting is that the same topic that has settled down is a similar topic to what has become unsettled.  What a riddle.

After months of agonizing back pain and three decades of nagging chronic back pain, I am thankfully pain free thanks to a treatment called shock wave therapy.  Sounds scary but it's not.  I've always done chiropractic care for maintenance but after this last horrendous back injury, I was still in lingering burning pain after my adjustments plus many PT appointments.  I was really concerned about summer time activities with the kiddos that involved any kind of walking since that seemed to be a huge problem for my back.   Well, three treatments of this new treatment which took about three minutes a pop and not only have I been able to hoof it around with D. in a stroller at both LEGOLAND and Wild Animal Park, my everyday back pain is gone.  No tightness, no twinges, no aches, no pain!  That is such a huge thing in my daily life.

My mystery skin rash and migraines have settled down quite a bit though not completely.  The skin part of it is under control and not flaring up terribly but it's still there.  I can live with that.  The migraine part is puzzling but seems to be down to one a week.  I guess I can live with that as well.

A few weeks ago I had to get my annual checkup and a mammogram done.  The last thing I said to my mom who was babysitting D. was, "I really wish I didn't have to get this mammogram done since this year has not been a good health news year."  So why was I surprised when I got a call saying I needed to go to the hospital for a second mammogram and ultrasound?  Worse was that when I reexamined the area, I do feel something in there and so did V.  Logistically, things worked out pretty well in that D. was already going to my parents house for a day/night so that V. and I could attend an important school event for I. and that day is when the first opening was for my appointments.  So I didn't have to tell my parents which I didn't want to do because they have so much depressing things going on to worry about.  I want them to enjoy D. and their time with him which is special because usually I. is there and as the oldest and a female, she commands a lot of attention! 

So I'm tense to say the least.  Trying not to "go there" which is hard when I look at my kids and think how young they are and what if?  It's also hard to be nonchalant when I was telling I. tonight about how V. would pick her up from school and take her to eat before coming to pick up Mommy at the hospital.  She's a very smart kid and very perceptive so I really had to feel what I was saying and not even try to fake it.  There's no sense in giving her something to worry about when she tends to be a worrier anyways.  I will be praying hard that everything is okay and that I. will do fantastic in her school event tomorrow morning.  Here's to praying for a great day tomorrow!


No comments: